Happy New Year!!

Relaxing in the Oasis

4/3/11

What's New???

It's been a whirlwind since the SU Regional Convention!  I was fortunate to be asked to judge choirs in Seminole, Flagler, and Volusia Counties last Thursday and Friday!  I drove back and forth because we had family dinners planned with our out of town family from Colorado!  Busy but fun!!


In between we had our SOS Stampers' meeting at Michelle's grandma's house!  Beautiful refreshments and fun, enthusiastic stampers!  Who could ask for more!  We celebrated Claudia's birthday and Donna was the doorprize recipient!!

 Michelle and I in our official SOS shirts!  Each hostess will get one of my hand-painted/stamped shirts
when it's her turn to be hostess!
Elise, Kris, Vera and Joyce working on the first project, a Sweet Summer greeting card.

Trudy, Claudia, Terri, Donna (stop hiding, Donna! :-)) and Michelle showing of their Sweet Summer cards!


Here is our Mystery Card!  I didn't bring along my original so that we could enjoy the surprise of seeing the Japanese lantern appear!  I CASEd this card from my SU Regional table-mate, Janet Goshorn's beautiful swap!  Janet gave inspirational credit to Lee Ann Graff!
Amy and Steve's "Save the Date" Invitations!  Amy, Steve, Nate (What a guy my husband is!  He
paper-trimmed relentlessly!) Alba (Amy's maid of honor) and  I cut, trimmed, stamped, embossed, corner punched and stuck pearls on 100 invitations and envelopes Sunday afternoon!  
More bookmarks and some felt die cuts for my felt display board.

My melted flowers!  I learned how to make these gojus flowers at Regionals.  Christmas ribbon, organza, heat tool and  wooden rub-on tool and VOILA!!  A demo for the SOS meeting.

An oldie, but goodie!  Inspired by Cheri Wenger.  Doodle wheel (O how I miss that one), gold embossing.  I created  several of these to demonstrate card-making at the Pizza Gallery, a wonderful local eatery that featured lots of fun art!
Open House Sunday is coming up next Sunday, April 10, from 2-5 pm at the Oasis! 
 At that time we'll have a special drawing for a stamp set from the names of "commenters" on our last blog!  Thank you so much, gals!!  Our next drawing prize is one of the SU grab bags so be sure to leave a comment on today's blog!
HAPPY STAMPING!!

4 comments:

  1. Speaking first hand it was a fabulous time at Vera's home! Aren't all your cards just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pix of you and Michelle in your hostess, hand stamped shirts. I like your blog thingy too!!
    Love ya,
    Peace,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, lovely ladies! You make every meeting fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ree for a wonderful time at the open house today-you always have great projects. Thanks also for my birthday gift-you are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete