Happy New Year!!

Relaxing in the Oasis

11/1/09

Holiday Preparations, Volleyball and Puppies!

What a great holiday season! My friend Cheri and I are preparaing for a craft fair in a few weeks and I am beginning to appreciate how many items will be needed for a respectable showing and a 6-foot table. Though this is new to me as a crafter, I have spent many a wonderful hour perusing craft tables during the holiday season! My absolute FAV is the Melbourne Lutheran Church of the Redeemer Craft Fair. So many beautifully handmade gifts and ornaments! I look forward to it every fall!! Here's what I've been working on so far: Hand-decorated recipe boxes, pocket calendars, ornaments, packages of gift tags, greeting cards and holiday cards, popcorn and candy gift items, gift bags, and Christmas Wreaths.
Using my ornament punch and transparency sheets, I was able to make my own stencil. I used Stampin' Up stamp pads in In-colors and in traditional red and green colors to make a few card sets.
Here we are in craft creations central (In other words, things are getting a little cluttered around here!) where I've been working on my Christmas wreaths. These are in copper and brown-tones.

"Life is Good" is rather a family motto for us (and the brand name of our favorite comfy tee-shirts) so I could not resist this Decor Element (Actually two!) for our dining room, where many a wonderful and lively family dinner has taken place!

I love our Definitely Decorative Baroque Medallions between my "Beach Cottage" and the Dining Room. If I only had more wallspace.........
Volleyball!
How fun it is to go to the girls' volleyball games. Here is Emma, 9, (middle) all set at her rec league match. Emma is a "go for it" girl and has a great bump and serve. Emma is not afraid to put those knee pads to use either!
Here is Abby, 13 ,serving for her middle school team, the Jackson Heights Bobcats JV, county champions last year and undefeated so far this year. Abby has a great serve, bump, and is a great setter! She is fearless, consistent and solid! Abby also plays rec league volleyball! Both girls are fortunate to have terrific coaches!!
As Promised......Puppies!
Yesterday, we visited with our daughter, Darla, her husband Kevin, and daughter Riley! We visited, cooked, carved, and played with Lucy (LuLu) the chocolicious Chocolate Lab, Ollie, their 1 1/2 year old Yorkie, and Daisy, their new Yorkie puppy. The family was also puppy-sitting Daisy's brother, Dewey, and Bongo, Daisy and Dewey's daddy. You can imagine all of the fun!!
TWO-TOO CUTE!!
A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment